Almost daily diary!

Friday, June 19, 2009

Give peas a chance!

On the way home tonight I asked Small Sprog what he would like for tea, hoping it would be easy because I am 'entertaining' tonight. Sausages, was his inevitable reply, with chips.
"And would you like that with peas or broccoli?" I asked him thinking that I ought to get at least one of his '5 a day' in his tummy before bed time.
"Peas"
"Not broccoli?"
"No, peas"
"Or you can have both?"Now that would be a result I thought!
"Just peas" He insisted, then....."I wonder what it would be like to swim in peas?" He said

What is in his head, I wondered!


15 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Yeah, playing with food is good-almost as good as eating-almost as good as playing in the dirt planting them.

and1moremeans5 said...

lol! swimming in peas, probably better than swimming in baked beans yuck!

Steve said...

And infinitely better than swimming in broccoli!

Maggie May said...

Better than swimming in broccoli I should think! More messy!

Reasons said...

Kids have wonderful, unfathomable minds!

Eternal Worrier said...

It’s a valid point though. What would it be like to swim in peas (nicer than swimming in broccoli)? I usually think of things like that when I’m drunk.

Akelamalu said...

I wonder what it WOULD be like swimming in peas - especially mushy peas? :0

Letty - A Little Girl With A Curl said...

ok I have said this before, but Small Sprog should be Prime Minister!

and hey, I think it would be kinda cool to swim in peas!!

Peas and love to Small Sprog.

I can't wait till he has his own blog when he is all grown up and swimming with the peas!

lotsaluv Letty Mother of Boys! And a Girl!

Expat mum said...

Has he been playing in a ball pit recently?

Dori said...

Visualize whirled peas! Sorry, couldn't stop myself...

Lakeland Jo said...

sign of a great imagination I say

BS5 Blogger said...

It's great being a bloke - random thoughts and happy larks about veg'!

Suburbia said...

Or just random thoughts BS5?!!

Dori, hee hee, glad you didn't resist!

Akelamalu, he specified that they should not be mushy, he didn't fancy that :)

EW, That made me laugh, being drunk and being 9 can look similar at times!

Liz Hinds said...

I blame the mother ...!!

Rose said...

I think I'd rather swim in chocolate cake:)