Almost daily diary!

Monday, October 13, 2008

Shoppping with mother!

She blew in like a whirl wind as usual! We were half way to the shops before she drew breath and even then that wasn't long enough for me to get a word in!! I do love my mum!


"Oh I've been looking forward to this for ages" She warbled as we pulled into the car park "We haven't had a day out for so long!"
And we haven't, what with one thing and another. And here we were ready for a whole days shopping experience, well almost.

A few shops down the Mall I mentioned that I have always wanted a pair of leopard skin shoes!! I know, I know, but it is just one (possibly of many) things that I've always coveted and never had. There are loads in the shops right now, admittedly they all have 'killer heels' which would be far to high in the real world, but they still look amazing. If only I'd bought a pair years ago, I'd have had so much wear out of them! A whole twenty years worth of longing!! We looked at several pairs. My mum loves shoes.
We went in to several more shops and, in the end, landed in a lingerie dept. Mum passed me some leopard print underwear! "Look!" she squealed with excitement.
"Oh no thank you"
"But they're leopard print pants!"
"Yes, but it's shoes I like, I don't like leopard print on anything else, just shoes"
"Oh" she looked deflated.
We moved on to the night wear department. Surprisingly (!) they had leopard print PJ's.
"What about these?" She cried
"I just like leopard print on shoes" I said. Again.
"Don't you like these?"
"Not really" Not at all! And I don't wear PJ's!
Later on in the day we saw some leopard print wrapping paper. "No" I said quickly! "Only on shoes"
I'm telling you this because my mum has Christmas shopping on her mind. She has had a nice day and, with all the excitement, there are bits of it she will remember and other bits she will forget. She will remember leopard print.
I am willing to bet you that one of my Christmas presents will have a very bold leopard print on it, and it won't be shoes!! What will you get this Christmas??!

21 comments:

scargosun said...

You are SOOOO getting leopard print undies for Christmas. ;)

blogthatmama said...

I might get pyjamas but I don't think there will be any leopard print on them..

Kitty said...

My money's on you getting a nice leopard print hot water bottle cover ;-) x

Lindsay said...

Nobody will give me shoes - too embarrassing - I take size 10!!! I would like a leopard though.

Liz Hinds said...

My money's on pyjamas.

Akelamalu said...

You didn't succumb and buy some shoes????? Whyever not?

I can't wait to see what your Mum buys you for Christmas. You will show us won't you? :)

Maggie May said...

You are SO funny! Hope you will enjoy the leopard skin set of whatever comes your way!

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Scargosun is right. You are getting leopard underwear for Christmas from your mother and I expect a fully detailed report here after the gift shenanigans on Christmas morning. *giggle*

Get the shoes. Go get the shoes today. I'm so very serious. Life is much too short to wait for things like that.

I look at things with the 'two sides of the coin' philosophy; will I regret this if I do it/don't do it... and it's clear that you have been regretting not having bought them yet, so go get them. You will be very glad that you did, and then you will have something to match whatever your mom buys you.

hee hee.

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

BS5 Blogger said...

No one seemed interested in what you do happen to wear in bed if it's not PJs....? So I pose the question.

I have about 4 pairs of shoes altogether; I bet that's the lowest number amongst the comment posters thus far!

Glad you had a good time with Ma!

Barbara said...

I can't wait to hear what you get!!

mr ryce said...

hahah thats some funny stuff... i like your blog you should check mine out sometime.... hey bring your friends too

Mean Mom said...

I might get some leopard skin undies, for Christmas, now that you've put the idea in my head. They would go rather nicely with the shoes, I think.

Can't wait to see what your mum gets you for Christmas, now. It might be a leopard.

Brett said...

Scargosun and Scarlett are right. You are getting leopard underwear for Christmas, will you know dare to open her present in public, just in case?

Anonymous said...

My money's on small sprog getting you leopard print wedgiee slippers with fluffy black feathers on the toes. Now that's class!

I am not sure what I will get for Christmas this year. Possibly something gold, spangly, over the top and Arabian for my new belly dancing shimmy shimmy.

Saz said...

LOL..great post! I always remember the saying no animal prints over 40!! hey ho I bought some leopard skin stacked heels, cant walk in them have never worn them out...but in my mind, I know theyll look great...but l'll never wear them!! LOL mad or owt?

Gill - That British Woman said...

I would put my 2 cents on the leopard print undies for you for Christmas........it could be worse I suppose.

Gill in Canada

Rose said...

I think you may have to buy those leopard print shoes yourself! I can't wait for Christmas to see what kind of leopard print undies you get:)

Jane Hards Photography said...

That was just hysterical. ou have a wonderful narrative writing style.

Working Mum said...

Bless her! Leopard print PJs are on the way!

I asked my mum for a Radley umbrella for my birthday and she told me she found a great website selling lots of Radly accessories - guess what I'm getting for Christmas!

cheshire wife said...

I bet you wish that you had not mentioned leopard print. Hope you can return it if it is not what you want.

French Fancy... said...

i know what you mean about trying to get something that you have always longed for. For years I've talked about getting some bright red patent shoes but have never got around to it.

I think the next time you feel a bit low you should just take yourself out and treat yourself to these shoes. Even if you just wear them around the house.