Almost daily diary!

Friday, March 28, 2008

D.I.S.C.O. (singing) D I.S.C.O.....................

Guess where I'm going tonight?! Oh joy, it's the school family disco. This will be the last one at junior school for Tall Girl and there has been much talk among friends of outfits, make-up, shoes and boys.
I have observed that girls in her class fall into two categories regarding boys. There are the disdainful girls, who look upon boys as very beneath them, juvenile and really not worth the effort (but apparently still worth dressing up for!) and then there are the girls who have already discovered the joys of flirting (I know they're only 11, it must be in the genes). Tall Girl belongs to the former and has already voiced her opinions regarding boys and dancing! (apparently they will just run around like children!).

Small Sprog is excited. He hates being on stage, as he was last night and gets 'stage fright' (his words) which is strange because on the dance floor he disco's like a dream! At the Christmas disco he mimed like a pop idol and performed a pretty mean 'air guitar'. On the other hand Tall girl wanders around all hunched up and shrinking into a 'if I stoop you won't see I've grown' sort of a way. However put her on a stage and she's ready to roll. Strange really.

As for me I'm on the sweet stall! It is a fairly entertaining vantage point both for the behaviour of the children and adults alike (which may provide some comic material). I shall savour the last school disco with my daughter (I think the senior event will be very definitely 'out of bounds')! It's not the greatest way to spend a Friday night but hey, I'm not really a disco Suburbia anyway.

PS. Have you visited and played with my Pollock at the bottom of my page?!!! Go on, scroll down and try it, it's fun.

7 comments:

Maggie May said...

Well, have a lovely time.
I have wasted a lot of time playing with your pollock! Fascinating!
Whatever next!

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Have a great time! It sounds like fun!

this is my patch said...

Disco, was my era, late 70s/early 80s, I remember our youth club discos, as if it were only yesterday, I wish! I have played with your Pollock, I shall come back for more, and I played with little Monty, he is so sweet, and follows you round everywhere. x

Barbara said...

I hope you have had a great time. You are reminding me of the days when I 'volunteered' to help at school discos!!!! I did enjoy it ... really.

the mother of this lot said...

Rather you than me - I've done my share of schol discos!

Akelamalu said...

I used to love going to the school discos but even better were the barn dances - all that dozydoing! Hope you had a great time.

Thanks for visiting me and taking the time to comment, I hope you'll pop in again. :)

Liz Hinds said...

I was asking a 12-year-old about boys. 'They are so stupid,' she said.